Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday Summertime Fill-In Fun

So, I'm being fairly unoriginal, but this past week of scorching heat has really fried my brain. Since I hadn't posted anything in a few days, I decided to "google" blog memes. I found this one at Fond of Snape, and figured I'd give it a go. I promise to get more creative in the next couple of days.

1. On a hot summer's day sitting in a cool pool is my favorite thing!

2. When I think of summertime fun, I think of slip-n-slides, baseball games & watching fireflies at dusk.

3. Ben 'n Jerry's Vermonty Python is my favorite flavor of ice cream.

4. My new favorite drink is Coca-Cola Cherry Zero (ETA - I'm also a big fan of Miller Chill if I'm looking for a grown-up drink).

5. One of my happiest summertime memories is from my childhood. We would go to be going to South Padre Island in TX. I would get up with my dad to watch the sunrise and then we would walk down the road to this little store and buy donuts for my brother and sister, and I would get a cherry turnover. As an adult, my happiest summertime memories are from the summer of 2000 - when I met Chris and we were in that blissful "getting to know one another" time

6. The best place to watch fireworks (or submarine races) is either from my front yard (not for much longer :-( ), or at the Potomac Nationals MiLB game!

7. What are you doing this weekend? Tonight I'm looking forward to going to dinner with David & Lala to break the news about moving, tomorrow my plans include getting a pedicure/manicure (Mother's Day present) and going to our old neighbors' new house for a house warming party and Sunday, I want to go to Mass in the morning, and then go to my parents' house for an afternoon of swimming at "Club McDonald" before they move away!

And if you are reading this, you can consider yourself tagged for a summertime fill-in-the-blank meme. Copy, and change me anwers in red to your answers (duh!). Just leave me a message in the comments section so I'll know to check out your answers.

1 comment:

:) said...

how did it go with David and Daniella?