Friday, July 13, 2007

And one more just for kicks...

Hand Me Down

1. Have you ever worn hand-me-downs? I don't think so. I was the oldest in my family, and of the grandkids so there was no one to hand things down to me. Who did you get them from? uh, didn't we just discuss that...

2. Have you ever given hand-me-downs? Yes. Who did you give them to? My sister, Lori - not just clothes that I wore when we were younger, but now clothes for little Cindy Lou!

3. How do you feel about hand-me-downs in general? It's weird. I have absolutely no problem with hand-me-downs when it comes to maternity clothes or to my kids' clothes. But as far as my "regular" clothes, I don't think I would wear them. I know, I'm strange like that. Do you like the idea of recycling things or does it bother you to have something used? As anyone who knows me well can tell you, I am anti-recycling! As mentioned before, I don't have a problem with used maternity clothes (no idea why). And I hand down my kids underwear and socks, but I would NEVER wear anyone else's used underwear - I often think about that when I'm putting the boys' underwear away.

4. Do you ever visit yard sales? (maybe you call them garage sales, tag sales, junk sales, etc...) Never.

5. If given $25,000 to buy furniture and decorate your home, would you buy new pieces or antiques? New, new, new. Why? I guess I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to furniture. I would always wonder who sat on that couch before me - did they bathe, or did they sit on it when they weren't wearing any clothes???? I also don't have the patience to go searching for really nice antiques.

So there you have it; a little more insight into my world.
HT: Five on Fridays


No comments: