Sunday, April 20, 2008

One small step for man...

one giant leap for Brian-kind!

Last night, after getting frustrated with the lack of eating going on, Chris decided to ask Brian what he would like to eat for dinner. Brian said he would like white mushrooms, white rice, and brown chicken. So hey, we decided to give it a try.

Brian helped me make dinner tonight. We cut the mushrooms into quarters - left them raw since they wouldn't be "white" if we cooked them! He helped me squeeze the rice and put it in the microwave. And most importantly, he helped me make the "brown" chicken. We deciphered that "brown" chicken meant chicken nuggets/strips. We made our own using a Shake-n-Bake Extra Crispy package. I coated them in the egg and put them in the Ziploc bag and Brian helped me do the shaking. He told me that it smelled really good as it was baking.

So, the big question is: did he actually eat any of his special meal? Yes, why yes he did! There was no white rice or white mushroom consumption (he told me he forgot and would like to have them uncut!), but he ate almost the entire chicken breast!

Here he is learning how to use his knife. It was a bit frustrating, so Chris and I let him hold the fork in the meat and we did the cutting. But miracles of miracles, he ate!
Stay tuned for tomorrow nights experiment: Sean's special meal. All I know is he wants Dora chicken noodle soup, macaroni and cheese and mushrooms! Looks like Chris and I are going to be eating some great meals! But if it starts an eating pattern with these guys, I'm willing to suck it up for awhile. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! :)