Monday, December 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Belly Boo!

20 years ago today, my littlest sister Kellie, and her twin brother Brian were born. I remember the day as if it were yesterday.

I was 16 and we had just moved to Florida right before I began my junior year in high school. When I got up in the morning, our neighbor "Aunt" Lynn was there. She told Michael, Lori and I that my parents had gone to the hospital to have the babies.

Surprisingly, school was not canceled, so off I headed for the hallowed halls of learning. However, during each period break, I would run out to the pay phones (obviously these were pre-cell phone days!) and would call the hospital to see if there was any news. I remember when I found out that Kellie was born - I let out a shout of joy and all of my friends cheered along with me. When I went back to the phones after my next class, Brian had been born. Brian didn't follow Kellie immediately - it seems he got stuck around my mom's pelvic bone. He just wanted to do things on his own time.

Kellie was insistent that she not have to share her birthday again - glad we could oblige her! ;-)

I've been blessed to have Kellie as my sister and godchild - and she's now the godmother of my first born. I love you very much Kellie Lynn, and wish you all the happiness in the world.

No comments: