Thursday, February 15, 2007

Young Love

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed the past couple of days. My dear friend Elizabeth sent over her daughter Mary Beth this morning, armed with some tea for me, and 2 willing arms to take care of Brian and Sean so that I could relax. As an aside here, I'm not sure what I have done in this life to deserve a friend like Elizabeth. She will lend me a child at the drop of a hat, give me advice on everything from diapering a baby to how to teach my kids. She is truly a blessing to me.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog entry...

So, Mary Beth is here playing with Brian and Sean - who are just tickled to play with Mary Beth by the way. Nap time comes around, and Mary Beth helps me get the boys up to bed and then we wait for her dad to come pick her up. When I went to go get Sean up from his nap, he says, "Hi Mommy. Where Mary Beth?" Later, as I was snuggling with him, I said, "Sean, who's so cute? Sean's response..."Mary Beth"! Aah, young love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute little Sean! Tell him that I'll be there at your house soon enough and I'll play puzzles with him....