Sunday, January 07, 2007

Epiphany

For Christmas my parents gave me a Fontanini nativity set. I've been wanting a beautiful nativity set for some time now, and am very excited to have a set that I can add pieces to every year. Not only will this be beautiful to create a lovely reminder of the birth of Christ, but I will be able to share this beauty with my children in a very special way.

Today was the Feast of the Epiphany. Well, actually it was yesterday seeing as how it is after midnight now:-). I brought out the Three Kings and brought Brian and Sean over to see the visitors. Brian talked about how they were visiting Jesus' house. He was very meticulous in trying to have each king be inside the stable. It was very cute. Sean was mostly interested in Baby Jesus and wanted to take him out and play with him. When I told him that Baby Jesus needed to go back and be with Mary and Joseph, he said, "No, uh, uh."

It is so nice to be able to share my faith with my children and have them see it, touch it, and feel it. I'm hoping that by experiencing the faith this way that it will have a lasting impression upon them.

No comments: