Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Sarah Palin's Speech

Oh, I can't tell you how proud I was while watching Sarah Palin accept the nomination for the Vice Presidency. She was so eloquent, well-spoken, and funny! She is going to be a "pit bull with lipstick" when it comes to holding Biden and Obama's feet to the fire.

Here's a link to her speech.

Some of the highlights for me were:
"...two decades and five children later he's still my guy" - has nothing to do with politics, but is evidence of her love of her family.

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening." - nice dig!


"But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country." - go get 'em!!

"...we are expected to govern with integrity, good will, clear convictions, and ... a servant's heart.
I pledge to all Americans that I will carry myself in this spirit as vice president of the United States." - we will hold you to that promise, but I certainly feel your servant's spirit.

"But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all. " - AMEN!

"But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate." - ouch, but true!

"In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.
And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change." - And this is why John McCain needs to be the next president of the United States!

No comments: