Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cookout with the family

This post is way overdue...

Labor Day weekend (see, I told you it was overdue!) we went over to Uncle Lou and Aunt Lori's house for a cookout.
In addition to having us over, Gramma & Grampa were there - always love seeing Gramma & Grampa! Lori also invited 2 of her friends from her Mom's Group and their kids to come play as well. This worked out quite well, since Drew was at Kelsey's 1st birthday party.
As you can see, Brian and Sean had a BALL playing with Drew.
Kelsey was dying to get outside and play with the bigger kids.
And Colin was caught in the act of being just too cute for words! He's getting so big - I keep wondering where my little bitty baby went. Can you believe he's going to be 2 in a couple of months??!!
I truly enjoy the blessing of living near family. I love the fact that my children have the opportunity to know their aunts and uncles and cousins in a way that I never got to. Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful life growing up, but moving around the country the way we did never afforded us the chance to be around our extended family the way our boys have been.

No comments: