Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Patron Saints

The other day I was reading Margaret's blog. She had done a meme on saints. One of the questions referred to who your patron saint for the year is. Margaret went off on a little rabbit trail and pointed me (and all of her other readers) to a lovely site where Marianne and Esther pick saints to be your patron saint for the year.

I was so enchanted by the idea of having a patron saint that I immediately asked for one. Esther promptly emailed me and asked if I would like each member of my family to have a saint assigned. Well, what was a good idea now became an even better one!

So without further ado, here are my family's patron saints for 2008. These saints chose each of us for a particular reason, and I'm excited to see all of the connections we have.

Cindy K. - Bl. Catherine of St. Augustine
Chris K. - St. Cyril of Alexandria
Brian K. - St. Raphael
Sean K. - St. Mary of the Incarnation, Ursuline, in Quebec
Colin K. - St. Andrew Corsini

If you request a patron saint, let me know who picks you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We do this every year and love it. It is so neat to see how the saints picked are perfect for us that year! We choose our own using Holy Traders cards though. :)

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks for sharing this with others Cindy. It is a lovely post. I will be sharing it with Marianne.
God bless,