Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My new favorite thing

is a Slinglings sling! I've been on the search for a good baby sling. Before Brian was born we registered for a Baby Bjorn. It never really worked for me. The pulling on my back alone was reason enough to scrap that one - although Chris seemed to wear it just fine.

I received a ring sling when Sean was born that I've never been comfortable with. I always felt like the baby was going to fall out, there was too much material, and I just didn't like the way it felt.

Right before we moved, I got a Moby Wrap. I had such high expectations of this sling. However they fell (literally!) short. Every time I would put Colin in the sling and start moving around, he would sink lower and lower until I felt he was going to fall out.

I finally happened upon Slinglings in my search for a pouch sling. I am so pleased with this baby sling. I can really see it working for a newborn (if we are so blessed to have another one of those one day), and it works great for my almost 15 month old as well. I love the beautiful fabrics that she has to choose from, and it is quite comfortable. I chose to get the padded sling. I can wear Colin on my hip or my back. I feel good, and he loves being close to his mommy. It's a win-win situation.(Photo credit - Brian)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm actually going to be in the market for one of these this summer as I get closer to my due date so I will have to keep this in mind. Alot of my friends here have the "over the shoulder baby holder" and seem to love that as well, but your looks like alot less fabric to mess around with, which to me, seems like a plus!