Tuesday, October 14, 2008

H is for Happy Birthday


In the spirit of "H" week around here, I want to say a big Happy Birthday to my now 4 year old Sean! How did you get to be 4??? It seems like just yesterday I was at my doctor's appointment with Dr. Felluca and she sent me over to the hospital for a contraction stress test. This was the first test you failed (and hopefully the last!) and the next thing I knew, Dr. Felluca was pulling strings to get us into an operating room and there you were! With your older brother I was in such shock at seeing a little baby that I never cried. When you were born, tears came streaming down my face - I knew then what a special little man you were.

Your biggest achievement this past year has been learning to read all by yourself. You started amazing your daddy and I last December when you pulled out a book that you hadn't seen for over 6 months and started reading it (that would be How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten). And we haven't been able to stop you since. You devour books. You take a book with you wherever you go. You sleep on top of your books - really, there's no room on your bed for you at night...it is covered with your favorite books!

I am so proud to be your mommy and can't wait to see what this year brings. Happy Birthday Sean.

No comments: