Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How was your Easter?

I know I have been a bit of a slacker in posting lately, so I have some ground to make up in recording what's been going on in our life for the past month - and believe me, there's been a lot and I have a ton of posts to put up. But I'm not feeling guilty about my blog (see top of my sidebar).

So here's a little idea of what went on here for Easter. This is the first year in a long while that we have not spent it with my parents. My parents went up to see my brother and his family in Virginia, and my sister went down to her in-laws, so Chris, the boys and I had a nice weekend together spending lots of time just as our family. We dyed eggs on Saturday night. We all went to church in the morning, and then went out to Denny's for breakfast. After enduring Brian's "I want to go to Cracker Barrel!!!" for about 15 minutes, he settled down and we had a nice breakfast. After we got home, we searched for our baskets, enjoyed the fruits (or candy!) and the boys all headed up for a well deserved nap. The afternoon saw an egg hunt in our front yard followed by some playing in the brisk Florida afternoon. Dinner was a honey glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus and rolls. Brian & Sean ate none of it - oh well, it's a process we are in.

Easter night before we went to bed, I pulled out this set that I purchased from Terry's Village, and told Brian, Sean and Colin the story of the resurrection. They were enthralled. They asked me to tell them again, and again. The second time around, I had them place the figures in their places. It was really neat to watch their minds absorbing the story.

I hope you and yours had a wonderful and blessed Easter.




No comments: