Thursday, January 11, 2007

Schooling While Sick

So, the best laid plans of mice and men...

I had all of these great plans to start with BFIAR this week. But as I learn over and over again, it's not always my call. Tuesday I came down with something pretty ugly and it has knocked me on my tush. Now granted, this is NOTHING like kidney stones and a stent, but as a friend reminded me - Mommies don't get sick days :-)

I found a couple of websites on the 4 Real Board that are pre-school activities. Brian, Sean and I sat down in front of the computer and started playing some games while Colin slept. We looked at animal prints and tried to match them to the correct animal, we also put the animals in their correct habitat. We also played with Play Doh. I was only going to open a couple canisters when Brian came over asking for 2 more to be opened. I told him that he already had 3 colors out. He paused for a moment, looked at me and said, "But Mommy, I want 5". So there was some math for the day.

We are going to have Colin baptized this weekend, so we need to get the house picked up. We all went downstairs to the school room to get things organized again. Everyone picked up and then we did some more "school". I had Sean do a color matching puzzle, and he did really well. Then we took out the lacing animals for the first time and both kids began learning how to lace. Brian is also obsessed with Cars right now, and he made a really long train track and was playing with his trains as if they were race cars. It was awfully cute if I do say so myself. :-)

I proved to myself that even if plans get thrown out the window that there is learning going on all around our house.

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Hope you feel better - and sounds like your kids were busy while you were unwell..